Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Roman Shade





Not too much new has been done to the bedroom remodel lately. We've finished all the painting, got the drapes hung and I just made my first Roman shade for the casement window. It was fairly easy, except that I chose the same slippery fabric the hanging drapes were made of, and it was terribly difficult to lie straight and cut square. I backed the whole piece of fabric with black fusible interfacing for stiffness and to keep it from slipping and sliding while i sewed it. That worked wonderfully! It involved lots of measuring and dredging up those old math facts, but once the figuring was done, it was a cinch to put together! I am considering making 3 more for the sewing room, but using a much stiffer fabric this time!

Next big project underway is Leah's birthday present. Pictures to follow soon once all is completed and installed!

No comments: