Friday, March 06, 2009

New Hairstylist
Recently while doing school one morning, Eric and I were really into his math lesson, and Bay and Leah were happily playing in her room. It was quiet. Eric and I were getting lots done. It was too quiet. If you are a parent, you know where this is going.
Evidently, Bay was practicing being a hairstylist. First he cut the manes and tails off most of Leah's ponies and horses. Then he trimmed the fur off many of her stuffed animals. I guess he felt he had enough practice, it was time for the real stuff. So he tried cutting a bit of his own hair, but it hurt (those darn paper scissors aren't worth anything) so he quit doing that. Then he decided to cut Leah's hair. In the back. Right in the middle. It was finally long enough to pull back into a pony tail, or two, or even begin to braid.

Here is the chunk of hair missing from the back. There is also a chunk gone from the side that is not quite so visible, but just as drastic. I am usually confident about cutting our children's hair, but this was more than I felt comfortable doing. So I took her to my hair lady, and she fixed it. She laughed the whole time, and told Bay he'd better find a different profession to go into, but she gave Leah a cute little wedge cut.

It's cute, but oh dear I am so sad. All year (at least 10 months) we have been trying to grow her hair out and now it is all gone. So short. Well, she has now been instructed that if Bay comes near her with a pair of scissors, to RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!
I guess it could have been worse-he didn't get a hold of Dennis' clippers!




2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Heather! I've often feared that happening in my house...especially when Olivia watches me cut her brothers' hair. I have to say...I think the new "do" is adorable!

S.E. Painter said...

She does look very cute.

I imagine Bay couldn't sit down for awhile????