Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Out with the old...in with the new!
Remember the old master bathroom? I do..although it has been a long time in the making. We used to have that tiny cubicle to bathe, toilet and brush our teeth. Then we expanded and put in the double sink and took out the old sink.
It has stayed in this condition for a loooong time now, so long I thought it might never change! I was actually getting used to the splotchy drywall cement patches on the wall! Don't ask how it happened, but one fine day we decided to take everything out, sand, finish the mud job, and paint.
Some new towel racks and shower curtain and what a difference! (I've had the towels to match since Christmas, they've just been sitting in a bag waiting to come out of hiding!)


Now, though, since the walls look so nice, I must say it really draws my attention to the ugly floor, half pink tile, half old linoleum with a marble threshold in between! Well, I guess that will inspire us to move quickly on putting down some consistent tile on the floor sooner than later!
Also, the rug in the above picture appears to clash horribly with the paint on the walls, but it must have something to do with the lighting and the camera, because in real life, it is the same color as the walls.
And, well, those cabinet fronts are stil waiting for Dennis to make them...one thing at a time I guess! But for the most part, it is such a nice change!







No comments: