Friday, August 14, 2009

Week of Girl
This past week the boys have spent the mornings taking a class at our local community college. Eric took a comic drawing class and Bay took Little Einsteins. Very fun for them, they have been looking forward to it all summer. Since the boys were off doing something special, Leah and I thought it would be fun to have some mother/daughter time each morning doing something special as well together. I originally planned to post each day summarizing our special outing, but it didn't work out that way. Instead, I'll give a bit of it now and bit more later once I get some pictures off of my mom's camera!

Week of Girl- Day 1 (part 1)
Tea Party at Granni's house
Leah picked out a cookie recipe (shortbread hearts filled with chocolate cream) and we made them that morning.
The table was set...mints, strawberries, cookies, and tea with sugar cubes and my Great Aunt's Chocolate Set. Girly fun...and a great start to the week!
Week of Girl-Day 2
Nail Salon
We went to the nail salon where mommy got a pedicure, while Leah got her fingernails and toenails painted..pink for the fingers, purple for the toes. When she was done and I wasn't, the lady offered to paint some flowers on Leah's nails if she wanted. What a silly question! So she got little jewels on her thumbs and flowers on the rest of her nails. Leah was so serious about the whole thing, and I wish I had brought the camera.


Week of Girl-Day 3
Movie Morning
We picked out a movie at the store and stayed home on the third day because I wasn't feeling too well (battling a sore throat). Care Bears...it was fun and relaxing. Not too often I actually sit down and watch a movie with the kids, so she enjoyed just having me cuddle up with her during the movie!

Week of Girl-Day 4 and 5

Coming Soon




1 comment:

S.E. Painter said...

How adorable! I hope you are able to have a week like that every year!