Friday, June 04, 2010

The Giving Garden
The garden is starting to produce...I am so excited by some new veggies we have tried out this year and so far have been very successful. Of course, we have been gathering lettuce and spinach as needed for salads, but we don't ever do a mass harvest of those, so no wonderful pictures.
We tried radishes this year and they were wonderfully plenty. I got about 4 cups of radishes- all different colors and shapes! I found a recipe for radish relish, so I am in the process of making that. if it turns out, I'll share the recipe.



And carrots...I have tried carrots before, only to be dismayed by root nematodes and other critters. But evidently our soil must be pretty good and not too much clay, because they have actually flourished! Of course, with all the greens attached, they certainly look like a lot more than when they are trimmed! But I am excited to try them again and plant a whole lot more!

No comments: