Wednesday, January 26, 2011

#1 is now 12
In so many ways I can't believe that these two pictures are of my same boy, but really, not much about him has ever changed. I don't guess it ever really will, and for that I am thankful.
Eric has always had a clear sense of his own self. This may be because he is first-born, I don't know. He knows what he likes and is unwavering in that. He has always been my biggest helper. In fact, when he was 2, I wrote him a little book called, "The Big Helper". I can leave him with any list and he will get it done, any time. He has a particular taste and preference for his clothing and hair, for as long as I can remember. Eric's personality is strong and powerful...his electricity and energy can light up a room just when he walks in. Eric brings so much joy to the house through his musical talents...he has gotten to a level where it is soothing (and not painful) to listen to him play!
Our prayer for Eric is that he will allow God to use his particular qualities in mighty ways throughout his life...what a wonderful and special boy we have in our home!
Happy Birthday Eric!



No comments: