Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!
I don't know what Dennis was doing behind my back while I took this picture, but it sure did make the kids laugh! At least we got genuine smiles out of all of them, which is a rarity in a photo! I took too many pictures to post on the blog, so if you want to see them, you'll have to follow the link to our webshots site to see the Easter photos section. We had a great conclusion to our Easter weekend activities. I was at 3 services of church accompanying the choir to a really neat Alleluia chorus combined with a responsive reading. I came back home before the 3rd service to help get everyone ready and we took this cute picture, then went to church. In Bay's Sunday School class, evidently they were having a dicussion about the Easter Bunny, and Bay kindly informed all of the pre-schoolers that the Easter Bunny definitely is not real.
We picked up Dennis' mom on the way home from church so she could hang out for the afternoon. We enjoyed egg salad sandwhiches for lunch with our dyed eggs, then hid plastic eggs outside for the kids to hunt. That, of course, is very funny to watch. As we were giving Leah hints to find her eggs, Bay provided her much competition to getting to them first.
We had our homemade ravioli for dinner, some with alfredo sauce and some with spaghetti sauce. Both very yummy. I also made some homemade Rosemary/Garlic tuscan style bread. Yummy as well. And then Flan for desert. If you don't know what flan is, it is a spanish style egg-custard with caramelized brown sugar. I used to hate it as a kid, but it tastes okay to me now.
A great end to a great weekend, and the earliest Easter any of us will ever experience is now over. Now back to life a usual!

No comments: