Thursday, March 06, 2008

Leah's Birthday Dress
Leah's birthday is coming up at the end of this month. I thought I would make her a new dress for one of her presents. I recently saw a dress in a catalog that had a horse screen printed on it. Since Leah loves horses, I thought it would be something she would love, but at $35 for a dress, I couldn't bring myself to it. So I stole the idea and made my own :) I already had patterns and fabric, so I drew the picture of the horse, scanned it and printed it on iron-on-transfer paper. I transfered it onto the skirt material of the dress, and !oila! her new pony dress. The only thing I would have done differently in retrospect is to make the horse a lighter color since it showed up so dark on the blue fabric. Otherwise, I am so excited to give it to her.





No comments: