Monday, April 14, 2008

Bathroom redo
Our master bath redo is coming along, bit by bit. My dad and Dennis have been working on the plumbing and electrical together. Our goal is to get the plumbing and electricity moved and in place before the vanity top gets here at the end of the month.
Dennis has been wrestling with a maze of electrical wires. He feels much more at home in his woodshop...this is alien territory to him. I think he will be glad when this part of the job is done.
This is the vanity base. I can't remember if I have posted this picture before or not. There are no drawers or dividers in it yet. It has been put on hold till the other work is done. But this is where it will go in the new bathroom.
This is a view of the new enlarged bathroom and the old existing in the background behind the ladder. The exposed wall will be removed and the tiny vanity behind it will be gone. The tiny closet on the left will be closed up and the new vanity will go in that space to the left.
Here is some of the plumbing for the left vanity sink and the mirror Dennis made (another will be made to match it for the right side. The lights were a great Lowes bargain. Haven't yet decided on a color scheme for the bathroom yet. I don't have any inspiration yet, maybe some warm spring weather will inspire me! I do think that I am going with painted white cabinetry, but am not totlally sold on that either...the only given is the vanity top - a black granite with green undertones. So the walls and towels will be where the color comes in. Any suggestions??? I'm open!

No comments: