Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Twirling Skirt
I made this super simple super easy twirling skirt for Leah last night in about an hour. I got the idea from this really cool etsy store. I have just recently found etsy. It's kind of like an online place to buy or sell homemade items. Lots of really cute patterns and clothing ideas. Anyways, the skirt is simply a complete circle cut out of a 36" square piece of fabric. I cut out a 10" diameter hole in the middle for the waistband. For this one, I made it reversible with some contrasting fabric I had sitting around waiting for the perfect project. I added some green rick-rack to the yellow gingham side for interest. I really liked the bows that she adds in her purple skirt, but I didn't feel like doing all that last night. I added in a rather large 2" waistband piece of elastic, and then to keep it in place streteched it all the way out and put in a couple of rows of stitching all the way around. Leah loved her surprise new outfit this morning! I have the fabric cut out to make a matching tie to go around it, but haven't had the time yet to do that.




No comments: