Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My husband/My hero!
Our flourescent lights that have been under our cabinets have been dying, one-by-one, and so we decided that it was time to replace them with something a little nicer. Off to Lowes, and then Home Depot for Dennis to find out that they don't sell "direct-wire" under-cabinet lights, only the kind that you plug in to an outlet. That was no good for us since we already had the wiring connected to a switch. So Dennis got some and totally made them work! He hard wired them to our exisisting wiring with a junction box. This is so amazing to me because Dennis used to balk at electrical work, but he did such a super job, I just couldn't be happier!
And the light that comes from them is so much warmer than flourescent bulbs.



I've also been busy finishing up some projects around the house...finally getting to sewing Bay's jacket was a priority!



It's exactly like Eric's, but in blue camoflage twill, lined with blue camoflage fleece.



And since I'm giving the whole update, I might as well show you a few pics from our recent afternoon down in the southern part of the county at the Chesapeake Bay Field Lab. This is an educational research area that has an open house each year. It is fun because the kids get to tong for oysters, tour the Skipjack (oyster boat), take a marsh walk and explore estuary creatures with a seine net, among other things. This year it was extremely cold, so we didn't get to enjoy ourselves quite as much as we have before, but it was still fun.



Bay and Leah exploring little mud crabs, minnows, etc.


And our little girl's newest favorite thing to do is to put foam curlers in her hair after her bath and wake up in the morning looking like Shirley Temple !!!

















2 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

Kerrigan also loves to sleep in curlers. She just did that this week. It's one of the reasons that she keeps her hair shorter is so that I will roll it in curlers.

Kathie said...

Heather, I love your new lights! Not only are they functional, but they look nice. I also love Leah's curls. My girls also enjoy curling their hair. You sure are getting a lot of sewing done. I looked at your hubby's blog...what nice woodworking skills! My hubby also has nice woodworking skilss, just no time.

This has been my favorite post. Thanks so much for letting us peek into your lives.