Wednesday, May 06, 2009

We're Getting a Dog
Okay, so it's been a long long time in the "talk about it stage", actually about as long as Dennis and I have been married, maybe even before that. A few things put us over the edge to make the plunge: the kids are old enough now (no more babies in the house for me to take care of) and can all help out in some way AND Bay is an extreme dog afficionado, and by that I mean that he could be the dog whisperer. Every dog he meets acts like he and it have been best friends all of their lives!
Anyways, we have always wanted a boxer, so it didn't take us long to find one. We went and saw her and the breeder last weekend and will be bringing her home in a couple of weeks. She'll be just a little more than 8 weeks. Here she is at 6 weeks.

Of course the kids are super excited. We are too! We have been reading books, and the questions have been pouring out of the kids...where will her food bowls be? where will she go to the bathroom? will we give her people food? where will she sleep?... We haven't 100% decided on a name yet, so we'll save that for you to find out once we bring her home! Hint... it will be something of German origin since the Boxer breed originated in Germany!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Heather...you have totally SHOCKED me on this one! I remember talking to you about this subject back in Greenville.

I can't let my kids find out about this. They have been dying to have a dog!

S.E. Painter said...

my next door neighbors have a boxer. she is very smart.

she also chews and chews and chews. a crate is a fabulous place for a dog when the family is away. they took her out of hers too young.

she does well with the kids. she does sniff my c****h more than i care for, i can tell you that, but oh well.