Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bay's Space Room
We are in the process of doing a bedroom swap with the kids. Bay's is the first to be done. This used to be Leah's pink room. Big change! Anyways, he wanted a space theme. I found a really cute quilt at Land of Nod, but they wanted almost $200 just for the quilt, and that did not include me getting window treatments to match, etc...So I looked up space fabric online and found a really cute series to use for his room. He has black fabric with stars and constellations on the windows. My mom volunteered to make him a quilt, so he will have a cool quilt...blue fabric (like the walls) with planets and accented with blue stars and orange pops of color throughout. He has orange sheets and I'll make him a couple of throw pillows to coordinate as well. Needless to say, the whole getup...fabric for quilt, windows, etc. is costing just a little over $200, so that makes me very happy. It is always rewarding when sewing it yourself is much cheaper than buying. It doesn't always turn out that way, but sometimes it really does!
Roman shades over the bed





Here are the shades let down. This room gets the most sun, and the sun is so bright in the morning as it is facing east, so I went ahead and lined everything to ease the damage to the fabric and hopefully make them last a little longer.



Close-up of the roman shade fabric.



The sliding door drapes. These are also fully lined, and is actually the first time I correctly lined drapes, and they turned out so nicely. They hang so well and have a great "drape" to them. Close-up of the fabric. It is black background, clusters of tiny blue stars, and then also gold stars with actual constellations marked on them. Pretty neat!

Once the quilt is done and all of the decorating and organizing is done, I'll take more pictures. I just wanted to show it coming along.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Wow! I had so much fun reading your last few posts! I haven't had much time for computer this month...just too busy carting Maggie around to her appts.

Your costumes are delightful. I love your creativity!

Where is the frisbee park? I've never heard of such a thing.

We, too, always kept extracurricular activities to a minimum...which is why my lifestyle now is so painful.

Thanks for the fun reading. Enjoy your Thanksgiving week. ~ Kathie