Thursday, August 19, 2010

Getting Ready



I've spent the past week getting ready for school. This is my favorite part of the year...maybe it's the teacher in me coming out, but I love sharpening the pencils, arranging and organizing the books, planning our schedule, and just getting ready. What amazes me is how terribly messy our schoolroom can get in the last month of school and what a couple of months of neglect does to the room. Piles, dust bunnies and some really scary empty cups have made for quite a marathon of cleaning and organizing! We even had the dog's crate moved into the school room over the summer, so she had to be kicked out for the school year. Every year I do some re-arranging of the room, this year's arrangement has been brewing in my head all summer, so I was excited to see it work logistically. Now hopefully it will work scholastically! Essentially, each kid has his/her own work area for independent work, and we have a project table where we will do art/science/etc. projects. I think that actually the kids are excited about starting school, something about a fresh new space and the anticipation of what new things mom has in store :)

Art supplies...


Bay's area and bookshelf


Leah's area and bookshelf
My plan is to give each area a cork-board but I haven't gotten that far yet.



Eric's area and shelves above




This is 3 bookshelves stacked on top of each other. It is pretty much all of our other supplies: math maniuplatives, flash cards, non-fiction resource books, and some other books.




1 comment:

S.E. Painter said...

i'm jealous of your school room.

it looks great.