Monday, August 09, 2010

Camping in the summer
Usually, we like to camp in the fall and spring, not so much in the summer. But when the weekend looked to be less humid than normal, and our destination involved a swimming lake and beach, we had to take the chance for some relaxation and family fun. We also took the dog, which required that we camp in the "pet loop" which had no hookups. So we tried "dry camping" with our camper for the first time and it went very well. Of course, it would not have been so nice if it had been the typical hot and humid August, but because it wasn't, we were very comfortable, and even cool at night.
Saturday the kids and I went to the lake and they rolled around in the sand, literally; they swam, and they buried themselves waist down (Eric was buried all except his face). I only got these 3 pictures as my camera battery died right after and I did not bring an extra!
It was loads of fun. We went down to the lake each evening after all the crowds had gone and let the little ones play in the sand some more while Dennis, Eric and I threw the frisbee.
Now, after that brief respite from the heat and humidity (which has returned this week) I am ready for fall to arrive!









1 comment:

Kathie said...

Where did you go camping? I don't remember any two days together this year that weren't too humid for camping!! I swam in the pool tonight for the first time this month...in a refreshing 82 degrees. I enjoyed all your pics of your home...you are definitely ready for school! Where does the door lead to that is behind Eric's desk? That is a snazzy study area!