Thursday, December 02, 2010

Laundry Room Clean-up One of these days I will remember to take a before picture! Either way, I can tell you that the laundry room was cramped and poorly organized. Before Christmas and all it's busyness arrived, it was my goal to get this room in better order. The first order of business was to take out the large and cumbersome old refrigerator. That alone made a huge difference.In its place I put the hutch that Dennis made many years ago. It was recently kicked out of it's home by a new hutch. This hutch looks so much better in the laundry room and provides me with tons of storage! I was also able to hang up my accordian clothes drying rack on some newly found wall space, so now it will actually get used.

I decluttered the corner around the deep sink, and Dennis moved the shelves that were on that wall to another wall, and made me some corner shelves and a long shelf to go above the sink. Everything is so much more functional and I actually have empty shelf space...which I know will not last for long!
The only adjustment is going from two refrigerators down to just one. I guess that means I will just have to keep my kitchen fridge cleaned out!




No comments: