Thursday, August 25, 2011

Getting Ready

Last week I embarked on my annual "dump out the contents of the school room and put it all back together" spree. Dennis asked me if I really thought I could rearrange it all ANOTHER way? Really? Of course!
So the major changes from last year are: de-cluttering the walls, moving Bay and Leah into a couple of old-fashioned school desks, and getting rid of the large table from the room. It really opened up the room and feels much more spacious!
Leah has been in her desk every day, looking through her books and I think she is the most enthusiastic about school starting on Monday!
We enjoyed a visit from Uncle Kevin. I am always amused at how our kids are all over their aunts and uncles like flies on flypaper whenever they come to visit. I hope that all of the aunts and uncles feel very loved when they come to see us-they certainly are!
There have been lots of fishing trips lately since Gramps has had more time. Eric went out with him this week and they had a blast. They caught 3 rockfish, 4 spanish mackerel and 4 blues. We'll eat all but the blues-those go to the crabs and then we'll eat the crabs once they have fattened up!
The happy fishermen-always a good day when you come home with this many fish!


No comments: