Saturday, January 13, 2007



My new spice rack!!!!

Dennis just finished building my long-awaited spice rack today! For the past year I have had all of my spices crammed into a cabinet, and I really prefer to have them all out where I can quickly see, inventory and access them like this. This one is actually a little better than the one I previously had-it has 4 shelves at the top that are a little taller, accomodating my larger quart size jars for my bulk spices. The rest of the shelf has shorter shelves for my normal spice jars. As you can see, it is completely full, and will immediately be put to good use. He made it out of some old hickory my dad had, and I have not yet put any finish on it, but will eventually. The wood is really neat, it has lots of worm holes in it and gives it lots of character. I am so thankful God has blessed our family with a handy husband/dad like Dennis!

No comments: