Friday, August 29, 2008

Hanging on to Summer


Summer is still here, despite the cooler weather, and the kids got in the pool today to prove it. I'm not sure who they were proving it to (the water was freezing!), but they enjoyed themselves. I spent the better part of this afternoon tackling the weed garden I have been growing all summer in the front of my house. Some of the weeds were as tall as the roofline...WAY OUT OF CONTROL!!! Anyways, as I was clearing I found two baby turtles, which we promptly removed to the garden since I uncovered all of their hiding places. Plenty of rotten tomatoes in the garden for them!


We also found several praying mantis and one female (who has a brown back instead of green) who had just laid her egg sac! Cool!



And nothing says summer like homegrown tomatoes for dinner. Check my other blog for the rest of the meal if you are interested!
We're getting all set for our big camping trip, so the blogosphere may be a little quiet till we get back.
I'm throwing in one more miscellaneous shot of Bay and Leah at the local Marine Museum from a couple of weeks ago. They are in the discovery room in a miniature sailboat...the way they put on those lifevests and took to the helm, you'd think they had been on a sailboat before!!! wink wink



No comments: