Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cooperation
Sometimes all 3 kids get along in ways I could never imagine or ask. Usually it happens just when we are supposed to be doing something else, so I think subliminally they are getting along so well in order to avoid something they'd rather not be doing...like schoolwork :) When I came up from taking my shower this morning, this is what I found. Everyone dressed (Eric had helped Leah pick out her clothes and get her dressed) and playing in Leah's room. So I gave them a 10 minute warning of more play time, then it was time to get down to work!
I have been inspired to start early with the Christmas preparations this year...I always try to have the kids make gifts to give to family, and I have been looking for ideas. So far, I have found several, and a few I may try for myself. I often give something that I have canned from the garden, like salsa or jelly, but I didn't have any this year, so I need fresh ideas for me too! What homemade gift ideas have you done that worked for you?
Freezer paper stencils: you can easily take a piece of artwork made by your children with a bold outline and turn it into cool art on clothing/bags/etc...
Handmade gifts site: a gazillion handmade gift ideas for all ages, all levels.

and for the adults:
Cute flower felt pattern
crate slip covers
fabric storage boxes

No comments: