Thursday, October 09, 2008

Fall Jackets
I have embarked on a fall project to make each of the kids a play jacket. I wanted to see if I could actually save money doing this, and I think I actually have. I spent about $50 for the fabric/notions for all 3 jackets and they are turning out nicely so far. Leah will actually get two, the first one is from a Butterick Fast & Easy Pattern #B4908 and the other will be from the same pattern as the boys' jackets. What is great about this pattern is that all 3 of their sizes are on one pattern! That does not happen very often. So one of Leah's is done and Eric's is done. Bay's is next.
Don't know if you can see it in the picture but I did blanket stitching around the bottom, the sleeves and the pockets. This jacket has 2 snaps hidden inside. This was my first time putting in snaps and it was very easy!
Eric's jacket has a hood an fleece lining. The only thing I would have done differently is put in some pockets in the sides! I can't believe the pattern didn't have pockets, and I wonder if I can put them in after the fact? Any experience with this?

Everyone picked out their own fabric for their jackets. Eric picked out the camo shell with leaves on the inside. Bay picked out a blue camo pattern.

No comments: