Saturday, January 23, 2010

It looks like a room...


Dennis and I hung the ceiling drywall yesterday. If you have never hung ceiling drywall, count yourself lucky. We had to tag team each other toward the end with the drilling of the screws. By the last few peices of drywall, the drill gun started to feel like a lead weight. Wow that was exhausting to say the least.






not sure what all of the spots are in this picture. maybe reflection from the flash off all of the dust particles?

Today Dennis and my dad hung the drywall on the walls. Tomorrow they will start mudding. I got a break from downstairs and was happy to be upstairs doing some cleaning...cleaned the dining room hutch, the computer desk and the refrigerator...very satisfying...:)
Look...I actually have shelves in my fridge!

I always forget to take the "before" shot, but just imagine a mess of papers, notebooks, books and the daily stuff of life keeping this area from being remotely useful.

The pocket door from the outside. Still waiting for drywall on the outside of the room.

And the pocket door from the inside looking out of the room.

1 comment:

S.E. Painter said...

Hey-so i know this might be hard, but try to upload some kind of photo of the layout of your basement so I can picture what it is transformed into now.

am i a nerd?