Monday, January 18, 2010

Swim Meet
On Sunday night, I swam in a Masters swim meet up the road. This is the second meet I have done since getting back into swimming. Several of my girlfriends whom I swim with swam in the meet, as well as my brother, Andy. Dennis and the kids came along, and so did my parents. We had a great time, though my muscles are yelling at me today!
Very nice pool
I swam the 50 backstroke...took almost a second off my time and came in 2nd in my heat. That's me in the pink cap.

I also swam the 200 IM. If you are not a swimmer, this means that there are 2 lengths of each stroke (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle). I am all the way at the far end of the picture in the pink cap again. Andy raced against me, and though I give him grief about it, it is fun to race against my brother, something you never get to do in US swimming...in Masters swimming, the events are mixed, meaning guys/girls compete and across all age groups (ages 18-90+). Though both of us were exhausted, the 200 was fun to swim, and Andy took 2 seconds off his time (I did not have a previous time in this event)


Here is Andy swimming is 100 free with me yelling at him from the sidelines. He took time off and I am pretty sure it is because I wouldn't leave him alone!
Afterwards we all went out to eat at Famous Dave's...then came home and collapsed in bed. It has been a busy and fun weekend, now back to school and routine!




1 comment:

Kathie said...

Good for you, Heather! I am so proud of you!! It takes a lot of strength to swim. Was the pool cold?

I was amazed to see how quickly you did your basement reno. Ours is always so slow.

When we get the money (ha ha) we plan on pumping insulation into our basement walls.

We're still stuck on wiring. We had great plans for doing that this weekend but instead had headcolds, replaced a broken kitchen faucet, and changed the oil in all 5 cars. Life never slows down!