Thursday, January 28, 2010

January Birthdays
Eric and I share birthdays 1 day apart from each other, (I actually went into labor with him on my birthday, but that is another story!) so it is always a fun week when our birthdays roll around! Leah and Eric baked me a cake and then each of them decorated a third of it. I took a cooking class at our local kitchen store and my mom, brother and 2 friends joined me for the class. It was a superb way to spend my birthday...and it was one of the best classes I have taken.
Eric had a great day as well. I can't believe he is 11 years old! He opened half of his presents in the morning, and the rest at dinner when my parents came over.
I'm not sure who's more excited in this picture, Eric or Leah!

Shortly after breakfast, Eric and Bay took their bows and arrows outside to practice with Eric's present, a free-standing target! This is a big deal for them...no more trying to find a place to tack up the paper target anymore. And this can be left outside, which is a bonus because they always forget to bring stuff in anyways!











Eric and his Gramps





Eric chose lasagna, salad and bread for dinner with an ice-cream cake (that I usually make in the summer) for dessert. Yummy!







1 comment:

Kathie said...

I really like that target. We, too, have tried the paper target routine...no fun. I'll have to keep the Cabella target in mind for the twins' May birthday. Five of my children have bows and love to use them.

My children also bring home part of their meals for the rest of us. I think it is just their way of showing love for their siblings. (If truth be told, I don't like it when they bring home leftovers...it usually just whets my appetite for more!)

Your basement is really coming along. My worst part of the drywall routine is the sanding. Yuck!

Yes, we are very blessed to live so close to our parents. I, too, grew up with my grandparents down the street and it made a huge impact on my life.

Thanks for the wonderful posts. I'm enjoying catching up on my favorite blogs while the snow is coming down.