Sunday, October 23, 2011

Amazing what a can of paint can do!

By some amazing stroke of luck I remembered to take some "before" pictures before I did the painting! 
Leah's bathroom is one of the 2 remaining rooms that hasn't been touched by paint since we moved in, now 6 years ago! 
 So I've been debating what to do with that pink tile! Certainly not the color I would choose, but I had to work with it and get rid of the off-white eggshell color on the walls that was standard throughout the whole house, trim and all. Plus, I really didn't like the oak cabinet under the sink. What I forgot to take a picture of was the HUGE medicine cabinet on the wall over the sink. 3 mirrored doors, dressing room style lights above-it just had to go. So we ripped it off the wall and got to work.
 Gray paint, white trim, and a few accents that I had picked up over a year ago at the thrift store (pictures, lamp), clean tile grout and what a transformation!

 All that's left is for Dennis to make a frame around  a mirror and put a new vanity light up.

 She's a very happy girl to have her bathroom back!

No comments: