Monday, October 10, 2011

Smiling is over-rated anyways
 Eric-my handsome and stoic 12 year old tries to convince me of this often
 Especially when asked to stand still and get your picture taken. it's really just not worth it. See that fierce determination? He is a strong boy-inside and out-one of his better qualities. it may challenge me at times (many times), but I hold him in prayer that God will use this strength for his glory
 Oh yes, strength, and also determination. He is determined to grow so quickly into a man-but he has so much childhood left. So much time for laughing, and forgetting about being serious and cool. He just doesn't realize that I am also fiercely determined to remind him of that!
 I think he's breaking-he tries so hard, but the light in his eyes gives him away. 
 Don't look at me, Eric, or you will lose the serious face contest, because you know
smiling may be over-rated but it's always worth it in the end!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! He's so big!! I hope to see you guys in the near future. :)