Thursday, March 11, 2010

Boys will be boys!



This post is not meant to imply that I am in any way unhappy with my boys...I love all that makes them boys and all of the energy they bring to our house...

We are in the process of moving Leah (the last bedroom move) into the boys' old room. My first task (once the furniture was moved out) was to fill the holes in the walls. I expected the normal amount of holes from picture frames and such, but what I found was eye-opening! I filled so many dinks and nicks and holes in the walls it was unbelievable. I can't say for certain what they actually did in that room that caused the wear and tear on the walls....maybe flying matchbox cars...or lego wars....or...who knows??!! Also there were many places where little artists and contraband sharpies got together and made their marks on the walls as well. **Gasp!***These were no surprise to me, but I still had to deal with them.
There was a day before children when Dennis and I were house-hunting and we entered a vacant house and the walls had writing on them, the paint was nicked and smudged dirt evident. It was clear that children lived in that house, and I remember wondering how a parent could ever let that happen. I mean, the destruction seemed appalling! As I was filling the holes and covering the sharpie scribbles I was reminded of that house. And now I know, and if you have children, you probably do too. I am sure that not every kid damages the walls like our kids do (I know for a fact that I did not, nor did my brother as children) but for whatever reason, ours do. And I'm not worried about it. The boys play hard and have a ton of fun. I know that God must be at work in me, because for such a controlling person like myself to let this go it truly is amazing!


Nothing that a little paint won't cover up!
Teaser warning: the room is now blue and has something growing in the corner

No comments: