Thursday, March 25, 2010

Much Progress

Leah's room is coming along very quickly. Almost all of the sewing is done. Above are the Roman shades...one up, one down. Let me just say that I LOVE sewing soft fold Roman shades. They are by far my favorite window covering to sew...so simple and so effective. I am actually considering sewing them for the 10 windows in my sunroom! I know, I'm probably crazy, but they seem to be the best solution and they are so easy! (did I already mention that?)
Here is a before shot of Leah's vanity stool. It opens up and has storage under the seat. I think originally it was a sewing seat.

I was torn between wrapping the fabric around the bottom of the seat, like it was before, but thanks to the urging of a friend, and the girlyness of all things ruffly, I went with the ruffle around the bottom. I just attached the seat back over the ruffles. I put a very generous piece of foam on the seat, but it was such a low seat to begin with, that when you sit on it at the vanity, it actually brings your face just to the right height. Well, I like it, but more importantly, Leah loves it. Really I think she is a bit overwhelmed by all of the stuff going on, but she is having a great time with each new thing that happens in her room!


Lastly, Dennis and I have finished the window seat. I really can't imagine this part of the room being any other way. It fits so naturally in this nook. The storage underneath is for her many stuffed animal friends. I made the two pillows already, but am waiting to get a piece of foam long enough to cover a cushion for the bench.
I can forsee many hours of her childhood sitting on this bench, reading and playing make-believe with her animals.
My little baby girl is so growing up...









2 comments:

Amy said...

Heather, you have done such a great job! The shades are faboulous. I love the fabric and the shades of blue.

BTW, thanks for the birthday wishes. I totally missed your birthday:( I can't believe I'm the big 40!

S.E. Painter said...

LOVE IT!!