Sunday, March 14, 2010

Something's Growing...
Leah's room is painted a pretty blue. She is using an inherited mahogany bedroom set from my grandmother. I have fond memories of this dressing table in my Nana's room...sitting and going through her earrings and jewelry, trying them on... The stool is a yard sale find...plans are in the making to re-cover the seat. In the meantime a seed was planted in the corner and it started to grow....

and grow.....

and it stretched its branches all the way onto the ceiling!

It grew leaves and I found a little girl in the coolness of its shade




Some birds have made their homes in the branches...
I think it is here to stay!



2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE it!!

S.E. Painter said...

I love the furniture! That tree is so cool!

just a thought~ what if you took off the back of that chair and then when you recovered it you did a skirt to the floor? Like a shabby-chic frilly stool? Will it slide in the hole of the dressing table?

anyway, I'm sure you already have a plan, but just thought i'd pass that along.