Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tea party for Leah
Leah is turning 5 tomorrow. She has been talking about and planning a tea party since she turned 4. It was wonderful. I was totally shocked at how quiet and relaxed and "tame" the party was. You see, I was prepared for what I have always experienced, boys' parties. We have had lots of them and by the end of the party, I am hot, tired and worn out. This totally took me by surprise. Not to say that the boys' parties aren't fun, because they are loads of fun! But this was soooo different :) If you have a girl, I am certain you know what I mean and have been keeping it secret from me all of this time. Probably better that way!
The girls dressed up with accessories...scarves, earring, necklaces, purses and then got their pictures taken. Then we had our tea...delicate china tea cups, fancy gloves, lots of delicious treats, and blueberry tea or pink lemonade. The lemonade was a big hit. Everyone ate with their gloves on, at least to start.

Leah is not a big fan of cake I have learned. Since we were having fancy tea...I decided to make petit fours. If you want to know about the whole experience of actually making them, you'll have to ask me about it sometime. Anyways, she got 5 individual petit fours, with her name spelled out and the number "5" on the last one...we put candles in them for her to blow out.



She was thrilled with the whole day. When she talked about her party while we were preparing, she made reference to "when my girls come....I'm going to..." or "I will show this to my girls" or "Let's get out these pretty dresses for my girls".



After tea and cakes, we played games and did crafts-
Pin the butterfly on the flower
Relay race to set the table for tea
Sticker hunt
Make and decorate a fan
Bracelets



I just can't believe how grown-up our little girl is getting!
I have posted MANY pictures of her party to snapfish. There is a link in my sidebar to the photos.





2 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

I loved the pictures!

I laughed at Bay shooting the girls. Also, your hair looked so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen it curled before!

Kathie said...

What a fun day! My daughters LOVE tea parties. I've made petit fours before...but I thought they were hard to make. I got frustrated...but one time I bought them from the bakery and they were stale.

Leah's room is beautiful! I love blue.

I know what you mean about enjoying the differences between our sons and daughters...and their parties.

Your home should be all finished now. What a good feeling! Time to go dig your heels in some dirt! We've had so many deer this year that I'm hesitant to start gardening.

Thanks for the fun reading!